A definite must-do when in Dubai is to visit the top of the Burj Khalifa!
I visited at 18:00, which allowed my to have incredible views during day and night time, which was ideal as I really got to see two sides to Dubai and the breathtaking view.
This famous building is the tallest structure in the world. Construction started in 2004 and was finished in December 2009, but did not open until January 2010. Standing at 829.8 m (2,722 ft), the Burj Khalifa is 160 stories high and has received many World Records, including;
- Tallest building in the world.
- Tallest free-standing structure in the world.
- Highest number of stories in the world.
- Highest occupied floor in the world.
- Highest outdoor observation deck in the world.
- Elevator with the longest travel distance in the world.
- Tallest service elevator in the world.
The observation deck which was named ‘At The Top’ is on the 124th floor and when opened was the highest outdoor observation deck. However, when overtaken by the Canton Tower located in China, the Burj Khalifa opened another observation deck on the 148th floor, called ‘Sky Level’ which is 1,821 ft high!
Let me know your thoughts!